1. Bolt: a type of fastener consisting of two parts, a […]
1. Bolt: a type of fastener consisting of two parts, a head and a screw (cylinder with external threads), which need to be matched with a nut to fasten and connect two parts with through holes. This type of connection is called bolt connection. If the nut is unscrewed from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection is a detachable connection.
2. Stud: there is no head, only a type of fastener with threads on both ends. When connecting, one end of it must be screwed into the part with internal threaded hole, and the other end must pass through the part with through hole, and then screw the nut, even if the two parts are tightly connected as a whole. This type of connection is called a stud connection, which is also a detachable connection. It is mainly used where one of the connected parts has a large thickness, requires a compact structure, or is not suitable for bolt connection due to frequent disassembly.
3. Screw: It is also a type of fastener composed of two parts: head and screw. According to the purpose, it can be divided into three categories: machine screws, set screws and special purpose screws. Machine screws are mainly used for a tightening connection between a part with a threaded hole and a part with a through hole, without the need for a nut to fit (this type of connection is called a screw connection, which is also a detachable connection; Cooperate with nut, used for fastening connection between two parts with through holes.) Set screw is mainly used to fix the relative position between two parts. Special purpose screws such as eyebolts are used for lifting parts.
4. Nut: with internal threaded hole, the shape is generally flat hexagonal column, there are also flat square column or flat cylinder, with bolts, studs or machine screws, used to fasten the connection of two parts, It becomes a whole.
5. Self-tapping screws: similar to machine screws, but the thread on the screw is a special self-tapping screw thread. It is used to fasten and connect two thin metal components into a whole. Small holes need to be made in the component in advance. Because this kind of screw has high hardness, it can be directly screwed into the hole of the component to make the component Form a responsive internal thread
6. Wood screw: It is also similar to machine screw, but the thread on the screw is a special wood screw thread, which can be directly screwed into the wooden component (or part) to use a metal (or non-metal) with a through hole The parts are firmly connected to a wooden component. This connection is also a detachable connection.
7. Washer: a type of fastener with an oblate ring shape. It is placed between the supporting surface of bolts, screws or nuts and the surface of the connected parts, which increases the contact surface area of the connected parts, reduces the pressure per unit area and protects the surface of the connected parts from damage; another type of elastic washer, It can also prevent the nut from loosening.
8. Retaining ring: It can be installed in the shaft groove or shaft hole groove of the machine and equipment to prevent the parts on the shaft or hole from moving left and right.
9. Pin: Mainly used for positioning the left and right parts, and some can also be used for connecting parts, fixing parts, transmitting power or locking fasteners.
10. Rivet: a type of fastener consisting of a head and a nail shaft, used to fasten and connect two parts (or components) with holes to make them into a whole. This connection form is called rivet connection, or riveting for short. It is a non-detachable link. Because if the two parts connected together are separated, the rivets on the parts must be broken.
11. Components and connection pairs: Assemblies are a type of fasteners supplied in combination, such as a combination of machine screws (or bolts, self-supplied screws) and flat washers (or spring washers, lock washers); connection sub means A type of fastener supplied with a combination of a certain special bolt, nut and washer, such as a high-strength large hexagon head bolt connection pair for steel structures.
12. Welding nails: heterogeneous fasteners composed of nail rods and nail heads (or no nail heads), which are fixedly connected to a part (or component) by welding so as to be connected with other parts.