The definition of a screw refers to a self-tapping scre […]
The definition of a screw refers to a self-tapping screw that does not need to be used with a nut. The thread is self-tapping and the tail is pointed. When the triangular tooth self-extruding screw is screwed into the hole on the plastic metal material, the internal thread is formed in the hole by squeezing and a reliable locking thread connection is formed.
Generally, it means that the thread is self-tapping type, so that the self-tapping effect does not need to be used with the nut. There are many classifications of screw heads, including external hex head, pan head, countersunk head, and internal hex head. Umbrella head, head cushion, etc. The tail is generally pointed. Make self-tapping effect.
The main function of self-tapping screws is that they do not need to be used with nuts, which saves a lot of money in terms of cost. There is no need to pay for the cost of the nut.
Although there are many types of screws, they all have the following main characteristics:
(1) Generally, it is made of carburized steel (accounting for 99% of the total products). It can also be made of stainless steel or non-ferrous metals.
(2) The product must undergo heat treatment. Carbon steel self-tapping screws must be carburized, and stainless steel screws must be solution hardened. In order to make the self-tapping screw meet the mechanical performance and use performance required by the standard.
(3) The product has high surface hardness and good core toughness. That is "soft inside and rigid outside." This is a major feature of the performance requirements of stainless steel screws. If the surface hardness is low, it cannot be screwed into the matrix; if the core has poor toughness, it will break once screwed and cannot be used. Therefore, "flexible inside and rigid outside" is a self-tapping screw that meets the performance requirements.
(4) The surface of the product needs surface protection treatment, generally electroplating treatment. The surface of some products needs to be treated with phosphate (phosphating). For example, self-tapping screws for wall panels are mostly phosphated.
(5) It is produced by cold heading process. It is recommended to use high-speed cold heading machine and high-speed thread rolling machine or high-speed planetary thread rolling machine to ensure product quality. The head of the self-tapping screw produced in this way is well formed and the thread quality is high.
Jiaxing MAXEA Hardware Manufacturer Co., Ltd is China self tapping screws Manufacturers and Carbon Steel Screws Suppliers